the Nmap Project's packet sniffing (and
sending) library for Windows. While Npcap has many end users who
simply use the free/demo version, we fund the Npcap
project by selling the enhanced Npcap OEM Edition. This
special version includes enterprise features such as the silent
installer and commercial support as well as special license rights
allowing customers to bypass the 5-system usage cap of the Npcap free edition. It includes commercial support and update options, and provides the extra Npcap OEM features such as the silent installer for enterprise-wide deployment. Key features include:
- Greater usage rights—While the free version of Npcap may only be installed on 5 systems in an organization (plus unlimited Wireshark/Nmap usage), Npcap OEM licenses range from 100 seats to perpetual unlimited installs.
- Silent installer—Npcap OEM includes a silent installation option (/S), including customization using command-line arguments to ease deployment across a company or devision. The free/demo Npcap does not include a silent installer.
- Commercial support—OEM Npcap includes commercial support options to ensure any bugs you find are fixed promptly and all your technical questions answered.
- Regular updates—OEM Npcap includes update options to ensure you always have access to the latest releases. These include all performance enhancements, bug fixes, and new features.
- Continuity—Npcap OEM customers have a license agreement guaranteeing the availability and terms for their Npcap OEM usage, while the terms and restrictions for the Npcap free license change from time to time. Licensing revenue also funds continued Npcap development and improvements.
- OEM branding—OEM Npcap reports itself as such (if users happen to see it on the add/remove Software screen or similar), so users know they have an officially licensed version of Npcap.
This page describes the Npcap OEM internal-use license for companies and other organizations that wish to use Npcap themselves, but won't be redistributing Npcap outside of their organization. Companies which wish to redistribute Npcap OEM within their products should visit the Nmap OEM redistribution license page instead.
Npcap OEM releases are always made in conjunction with Npcap free/demo releases and the version numbers are the same. Since Npcap OEM is almost identical to the free/demo Npcap, more product details are available from the Npcap public pages and we won't try to reproduce all of that here.
We offer Npcap OEM as a perpetual license to the current version, with the option to purchase maintenance (updates and support) for 1 or more years. Your rights to all Npcap upgrades released during the maintenance period become perpetual as well.
Our enterprise unlimited Npcap OEM internal license allows you to install and run as many copies of Npcap OEM within your organization as you would like. It is a perpetual license for a one-time cost of US$9,700. Optional (but recommended) maintenance costs $2,400 per year. Or you can prepay five years of maintenance for $9,600 (a 20% discount) and have updates and support covered until 2024. That way you don't need to expend effort on renewals each year or worry that someone might forget to do it. You can use Npcap for your own internal software and/or for Wireshark or any other software. The maintenance fee on all of our licenses is guaranteed in the agreement to never increase as long as you pay it every year.
We also offer a 1,000-install perpetual Npcap OEM license for $5,800. Optional (but recommended) maintenance costs $1,400 per year. Or you can prepay five years for $5,600 (a 20% discount) and not have to worry about it again until 2024. An install would be on an individual computer or virtual machine or docker container or cloud server or similar.
Finally we offer the 100-install Npcap OEM micro license for just US$2,900. Recommended (but optional) maintenance on this one is $700/year, or $2,800 for five years with the 20% prepaid discount. For this micro license, we also offer a $350 quick-pay discount for companies that can pay directly from the quote we send that includes instructions for payment by credit card, wire transfer, ACH direct deposit, check, or Paypal. For the discount, we must not have to deal with any vendor onboarding process, purchase orders, supplier questionaires, resellers, etc.
Please note that Npcap OEM does not include any license management or DRM components. Those can be risky if they go wrong, so we rely on companies to track their own install numbers (or just buy the enterprise unlimited license).
While we hope to set up an online order form for immediate purchase and also establish relationships with major software resellers, we currently have a more manual purchase process for this new product. To buy an Nmap OEM Internal-use license, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Which license you want. This would be either the Npcap internal-use enterprise unlimited license, the Npcap internal-use 1,000-install license, or the Npcap internal-use 100-install micro license.
- Do you want 5 years of updates and support (with the 20% prepayment discount), 1 year of maintenance (with possible renewals later), or no maintenance at all?
- If you are requesting the 100-install micro license, do you want the $350 quick-pay discount discussed which requires paying directly from the quote without requiring any vendor onboarding or purchase order handling by the Nmap Project?
Once we receive your request, we will send a formal quote with instructions for payment by wire transfer, ACH direct deposit, check, credit card, or Paypal. You can pay that directly or begin your company's procurement process for vendor onboarding, purchase order request, etc.
As soon as payment or a purchase order is received, we will activate your license and send you the following:
- Account credentials for you and your team to download current and (if you purchased updates) future Npcap OEM releases.
- Contacts for submitting support requests (assuming you purchased support). Support includes bug reports as well as any technical questions you might have about Npcap.
- End user license agreement (EULA) noting your Npcap OEM usage rights. It is this form (filled out, of course).
Current licensees can find the Npcap OEM installer itself in this distribution directory. If you don't remember your company's username and password, please contact email@example.com. Be sure to download the latest version unless you specifically require an older one. Note that updating Npcap to later versions requires a maintenance (support and upgrades) subscription. If you aren't sure whether you have an active mainteance subsription, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check for you.
Npcap OEM utilizes the same SDK as normal Npcap, and that is available from the Npcap public pages.
Npcap OEM shares its documentation with the public/demo version of Npcap. All of the documentation (and even the source code) is available by hyperlink from the Npcap public pages.
Licensees with an active maintenance (support and updates) have special access to report bugs or ask Npcap technical support questions. If you are a licensee and don't have the support contact information, please email email@example.com and we will send it to you.