the Nmap Project's packet sniffing (and
sending) library for Windows. While Npcap has many end users who
simply use the free/demo version, we fund the Npcap
project by selling the enhanced Npcap OEM Edition. This
special version includes enterprise features such as the silent
installer and commercial support as well as special license rights
allowing customers to redistribute Npcap with their products. The
primary differences between OEM Npcap and the free/demo Npcap releases
- Silent installer—Npcap OEM includes a silent installation option (/S), including customization using command-line arguments. Redistribution customers use this to silently install along with their own software on customer machines. The free/demo Npcap does not include a silent installer.
- Redistribution rights—Companies purchase the Npcap OEM Redistribution License so they can include it within their products. The free/demo Npcap does not normally allow redistribution.
- Commercial support—OEM Npcap includes commercial support options to ensure any bugs you find are fixed promptly and all your technical questions answered.
- Regular updates—OEM Npcap includes update options to ensure you always have access to the latest releases. These include all performance enhancements, bug fixes, and new features.
- Continuity—Npcap OEM licensees have a contract guaranteeing the availability and terms for their Npcap OEM usage, while the terms and restrictions for the Npcap free license change from time to time. Licensing revenue also funds continued Npcap development and improvements.
- OEM branding—OEM Npcap reports itself as such (if users happen to see it on the add/remove Software screen or similar), so users know they have an officially licensed version of Npcap.
This page describes the Npcap OEM redistribition license license for companies that wish to redistribute Npcap OEM within their products. Companies and orginizations that just want to use/deploy Npcap OEM within their own organizations without any redistribution should visit the Npcap OEM internal-use license page instead.
Npcap OEM releases are always made in conjunction with Npcap free/demo releases and the version numbers are the same. Since Npcap OEM is almost identical to the free/demo Npcap, more product details are available from the Npcap public pages and we won't try to reproduce all of that here.
To keep things simple our standard Npcap license involves no per-seat royalties--just a reasonable one-time license buy-out fee and an optional annual updates and support fee. Or you can choose an annual term license where you pay annually for as long as you are redistributing Npcap. For more licensing details and prices, contact email@example.com.
Current licensees can find the Npcap OEM installer itself in this distribution directory. If you don't remember your company's username and password, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to download the latest version unless you specifically require an older one. Note that updating Npcap to later versions requires a maintenance (support and upgrades) subscription. If you aren't sure whether you have an active mainteance subsription, email email@example.com and we will check for you.
Npcap OEM utilizes the same SDK as normal Npcap, and that is available from the Npcap public pages.
Npcap OEM shares its documentation with the public/demo version of Npcap. All of the documentation (and even the source code) is available by hyperlink from the Npcap public pages.
Licensees with an active maintenance (support and updates) have special access to report bugs or ask Npcap technical support questions. If you are a licensee and don't have the support contact information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it to you.