Nmap Related Projects
Some people have been working on extensions to nmap which add new features or benefit it with other improvements. Here are the projects I am aware of (mail me if you have others):
- Nmap Online is a handy web-based interface to Nmap--a way to scan yourself and see what your computer or network looks like from the Internet side. They also have an Nping Online system.
- Self Audit My Server (SAMS) is a web-based application allowing you to run Nmap and a few other security tools against an Internet host.
- Nmap-CGI is a web-based application for scanning your network with Nmap. It offers user management and privilege levels to control who can scan what.
- Ruby Nmap::Parser is a Ruby library for executing Nmap scans and parsing the output for use in a higher level application/script. It was created by Kris Katterjohn.
- Nmap::Scanner performs Nmap scans programatically using Perl. It was written by Max Schubert (nmap&at&webwizarddesign.com).
- Nmap-Parser is a Perl module for parsing Nmap's XML output. It was created by Anthony Persaud.
- Cancerbero is an nmap-based port scan engine which automates regular scans, storing results in MySQL and generating alerts, change reports, etc. A web interface is provided for configuration and data mining.
- Inprotect offers free (GPL) web frontend software for Nmap and Nessus, as well as certain services.
- Alexandre Sagala has created a Qt/KDE frontend called KNmap [ screenshot ]
- You can port scan yourself with this simple but useful web service by Ulrich Keil.
- Joshua D. Abraham <jabra&at&ccs.neu.edu> has created Pbnj, a tool for running Nmap scans and diff'ing the results.
- Remote nmap (Rnmap) is
a pair of client and server programs which allow for various
authorised clients to run their port scans from a centralised
server. It was written by Tuomo Makinen <tmakinen&at&pp.htv.fi>.
- Alek O. Komarnitsky (alek&at&komar.org) has created nmap-web, a simple Perl/CGI
script(s) you install on your web server which allows you to submit nmap
commands (and receive the responses) through a web interface. This is
especially oriented toward "white-hat" Sysadmins trying to figure out what
ports are open and what versions of programs are running.
- RadialNet is a gorgeous tool for visualizing Nmap data. It was created by João Paulo de Souza Medeiros. Note that this functionality is now included with our Zenmap GUI.
- Vacuum has created Winfingerprint, an application that uses SMB to determine OS, shares, users, and other information about Windows machines on a network (Note: this scanner currently only runs on Windows).