Categories: intrusive, vuln
Tests for the CVE-2011-3368 (Reverse Proxy Bypass) vulnerability in Apache HTTP server's reverse proxy mode. The script will run 3 tests:
- the loopback test, with 3 payloads to handle different rewrite rules
- the internal hosts test. According to Contextis, we expect a delay before a server error.
- The external website test. This does not mean that you can reach a LAN ip, but this is a relevant issue anyway.
sets the path prefix (directory) to check for the vulnerability.
See the documentation for the slaxml library.
- http.host, http.max-body-size, http.max-cache-size, http.max-pipeline, http.pipeline, http.truncated-ok, http.useragent
See the documentation for the http library.
- smbdomain, smbhash, smbnoguest, smbpassword, smbtype, smbusername
See the documentation for the smbauth library.
- vulns.short, vulns.showall
See the documentation for the vulns library.
nmap --script http-vuln-cve2011-3368 <targets>
PORT STATE SERVICE 80/tcp open http | http-vuln-cve2011-3368: | VULNERABLE: | Apache mod_proxy Reverse Proxy Security Bypass | State: VULNERABLE | IDs: CVE:CVE-2011-3368 BID:49957 | Description: | An exposure was reported affecting the use of Apache HTTP Server in | reverse proxy mode. The exposure could inadvertently expose internal | servers to remote users who send carefully crafted requests. | Disclosure date: 2011-10-05 | Extra information: | Proxy allows requests to external websites | References: | https://www.securityfocus.com/bid/49957 |_ https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2011-3368
License: Same as Nmap--See https://nmap.org/book/man-legal.html